Camel trek Morocco. Sahara trekking tours with camels. Morocco camel trekking. Desert trek 5 days.
Day 1: Camel trek Morocco from Mhamid – arrival at Lahniniche
After having breakfast, your Sahara camel trekking will start with a beautiful desert plateau. At noon, you will have lunch in the shade after walking in the Morocco desert.
You will then resume the Morocco camel trek in the desert of Mhamid.
The Sahara camel trekking tour continues in the afternoon. Beautiful landscapes of golden dunes will be at the rendez-vous.
Arrival at the end of the day on the dunes of Lahnaniche for the sunset.
You will then install the mobile desert camp with the nomadic tents for the night. Preparation of the meal and traditional tea around a campfire.
Day 2: Lahniniche – Sidi Naji
After breakfast, the tents are folded and placed on the back of the camels. The camel trek excursion in the Morocco desert can resume. You will take advantage of the Sahara which spreads out in front of you … landscapes which make appear tamaris, hinting at the middle ergs. In the distance, you will see the mountains located on the side of Algeria.
For your second night in the desert, you will climb the tents not far from the tomb of Sidi Naji, become a place of pilgrimage for Nouaji before continuing your trekking Sahara the next day.
Day 3: Sidi Naji – Erg Zehar
During this third day of your Morocco camel trekking in the desert, you will continue your walk towards the beautiful dunes of Erg Zehar.
Arrived on the spot, we will let the camels rest and we will prepare for the night, after admiring the sunset which you will see only in the desert.
Day 4: Erg Zehar – Oued Naam
The caravan continues its way through the dunes of the Moroccan desert. You will leave Erg Zehar to reach the Oued Naam River. You will stay there for the night.
Day 5: Wad Naam – return to M’Hamid
After Oued Naam, your camel trekking Morocco in the Mhamid desert continues through the Draa Hamada. It is a vast area of rocky desert, dotted with volcanic stones. Your Sahara camel trek in the desert is coming to an end. In the afternoon, you will be back in Mhamid.
*Optional, Morocco desert camp :
- You can spend the night before your departure trek in our desert camp M’hamid. It is recommended, the day before departure for your hike in the desert, to sleep either in M’hamid or in the surroundings.
- You can also stay at the desert camp for an extra night on the day of your return trek.
How to reach M’hamid for the camel trekking program?
Several solutions exist :
- By bus. Bus lines provide transport to M’hamid and this of the main cities: Ouarzazate, Marrakech …
- You can also opt for a shared / private taxi trip.
- We can arrange the transfer to the desert (private or in a group) by making you enjoy a visit of the beautiful Drâa Valley, typical villages, kasbahs, and the palm grove … if you are interested in this option, contact us for more information.