Morocco desert trekking. Camel trekking Morocco 7 days. Morocco camel trek from Mhamid.
Day 1: M’hamid – Sidi Naji
After meeting the guides and having set the turbans, you leave with the caravan in the desert. The camels carry equipment and provisions. After a walk in the morning, at noon, break in the shade of the tamaris for lunch. Your Morocco desert trekking continues in the afternoon to the tomb of the Sidi Naji marabout, a place of pilgrimage for the Nouaji tribe. You will install the mobile camp at the foot dunes to Sidi Naji. Dinner around the fire.
Day 2: Sidi Naji – Erg Zahar
The day after your Morocco desert trekking, you leave the dunes of Sidi Naji and you take the direction of Erg Zahar. The dunes of Erg Zahar are also called “screaming dunes”. They emit a crystalline sound in contact with the wind. The view is impregnable on the desert. You will enjoy this beautiful landscape of nature and a beautiful sunset. Overnight in Erg Zahar.
Day 3: Erg Zahar – Erg Smar
The third day of your Morocco desert trekking will be devoted to camel trek in the desert to Erg Smar. Your trekking tour in the Sahara will allow you to discover new landscapes. The hamadas (desert plateau) and ergs (dunes) follow one another. You will spend your third night at the foot of the dunes of Erg Smar.
Day 4: Erg Smar – Erg Chegaga
After breakfast, departure of Erg Smar for large dunes of Chegaga. Erg Chegaga is home to the largest dunes in the Moroccan desert. Very beautiful landscapes at the rendez-vous, high dunes … After your daily walk, you will install the mobile nomadic camp at Erg Chegaga.
Day 5: Erg Chegaga – Erg Bougarne
The next day, you leave Erg Chegaga to discover another place of the Moroccan Sahara – Erg Bougarne. The dunes of Erg Bougarne (old oasis) are worth a visit. You will stop there for the night. Dinner around the fire.
Day 6: Erg Bougarne – Oued Naam
Your sixth day of Morocco desert trekking will take you to Oued Naam. Hiking about 5 hours in the day. Installation of tents in Oued Naam for the night.
Day 7: Oued Naam – M’hamid
Your trek in the Morocco desert is coming to an end. The nomadic camp is bent, the camels are loaded and the caravan takes the direction of M’hamid. Arrival in the afternoon.
*Desert camp Morocco, optional :
• You can spend the night before your departure trek in our desert camp located in M’hamid. It is recommended, the day before departure for your hike in the desert, to sleep either in M’hamid or in the surroundings.
• You can also stay at the desert camp for an extra night on the day of your return trek.
How to reach M’hamid for the Morocco desert trek program?
Several solutions exist :
- By bus. Bus lines provide transport to M’hamid and this of the main cities: Ouarzazate, Marrakech …
- You can also opt for a shared / private taxi trip.
- We can arrange the transfer to the desert (private or in a group) by making you enjoy a visit of the beautiful Drâa Valley, typical villages, kasbahs and the palm grove … if you are interested in this option, contact us for more information.