Sahara trekking Morocco 4 days. Sahara desert trip. Camel trek Morocco from Mhamid. Sahara desert trek Morocco.
Four days to discover the life of the nomads of the Sahara and trek in the Morocco desert, guaranteed immersion!
Day 1: Sahara trekking Morocco – M’hamid – Oued Ben Hakki – Lahnaniche
Your Sahara trekking in the desert of Morocco begins in the morning with a walk with the camels to Oued Ben Hakki.
You will advance through the dunes of the Sahara, admiring the surrounding landscape, the calm, the silence. After Wadi Ben Hakki, the caravan will continue on its way to Lahnaniche.
Visit of the Kasbah of the old M’hamid. Discover the Kasbah which will mark a break in your Sahara camel trek in the Moroccan desert. You will have the possibility to share a tea with the inhabitants of the Palm Grove. A night under nomadic tents in the Sahara desert.
Day 2: Sahara trekking Morocco – Lahniniche – Sidi Naji
The second day of your camel trekking in the Moroccan desert will make you discover more the Sahara. You will advance in the middle of the dunes with the camels, your faithful companions for this hiking in the Moroccan desert. The Ergs and landscapes follow each other in the middle of the tamaris. You will see the Kraab mountain range located on the Algerian border. The desert camp for the night will be installed not far from the tomb of Sidi Naji, a place of pilgrimage.
Day 3: Sahara desert trek – Sidi Naji – Erg Zahar
The caravan with the camels will continue its way to the big dunes. You will enjoy a camel hike through a pristine nature before reaching the beautiful dunes of Erg Zahar to admire the sunset.
Lunch under the Tamaris. In the afternoon, the Sahara camel trekking Morocco continues, crossing the Grand Reg Lawtid, characterized by a very flat ground. Overnight in a desert camp at Erg Zehar.
Day 4: Erg Zahar – M’hamid
After the night at Erg Zehar, the next day you will catch up with the camels your trekking in the Sahara desert. Your walk will take you back to Mhamid.
*Optional, desert camp Mhamid :
• You can spend the night before your departure trek in our desert camp located in M’hamid. It is recommended, the day before departure for your hike in the desert, to sleep either in M’hamid or in the surroundings.
• You can also stay at the desert camp for an extra night on the day of your return trek.
How to reach M’hamid for the Sahara trekking program?
Several solutions exist :
• By bus. Bus lines provide transportation to M’hamid and this of the main cities: Ouarzazate, Marrakech …
• You can also opt for a shared / private taxi trip.
• We can arrange the transfer to the desert (private or in a group) by making you enjoy a visit of the beautiful Drâa Valley, typical villages, kasbahs, and the palm grove … if you are interested in this option, contact us for more information.