Sahara camel trekking 5 days. Camel trekking Morocco. Desert trek Morocco. Morocco camel trek from M’hamid.
Day 1: Departure from M’hamid – Sahara camel trekking – dunes of Ras N’khal – night under nomadic tents
At M’hamid, your local guides and camels are waiting for you. Your Sahara camel trekking in the Morocco desert can begin. You will walk in the Sahara for one or two hours. You will stop for lunch in the shade of tamaris.
Your camel trek Morocco will take you to the dunes of Ras N’khal. This is where you will spend your first night in the desert. You will mount your mobile desert camp. Sunset on the dunes of the Sahara. Dinner around the fire. Night in a tent or under the stars.
Day 2: Morocco camel trek – Ras N’khal dunes – Sidi Naji
The second day, after breakfast, you resume your camel trekking in the Sahara with the dromedaries. You will walk near Oued Drâa and cross palm groves and places with tamarisks (about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon). You will take the direction of Sidi Naji. After the desert plateau, a place to the erg (place covered with dunes). It is at the foot of the dunes that will be mounted the desert camp for the night.
Day 3: Sidi Naji dunes – Morocco camel trekking – Erg Zahar
After discovering the dunes of Sidi Naji, on the 3rd day, the caravan will go to the big dunes of Erg Zahar also called “the screaming dunes”.
Your Sahara camel trekking continues and you advance further in the desert.
From Erg Zahar, you can admire a magical view of the desert and dunes overlooking the Drâa Valley. You will spend the third night of your camel trek Morocco at Erg Zahar.
Day 4: the big dunes of Erg Zahar – Erg Aït Ounir
The 4th day of your Morocco desert trek program will be characterized by landscapes that will change during the day … It is the Sahara in all its beauty. You will take the direction of the dunes of Aït Ounir. Places with acacias, dunes dotted with tamaris … Overnight in nomadic tents.
Day 5: Erg Aït Ounir – return to M’hamid – night in our desert camp
You start the fifth day of your Sahara camel trekking in the Morocco desert. After having taken advantage of the dunes of Aït Ounir, you take the road with the camels and your guides to reach Ras N’khal. The dunes of Ras N’khal being located on the side of the palm grove, you will continue to arrive in our desert camp at M’hamid. Dinner and animation around the fire.
*Optional, Morocco desert camp :
• You can spend the night before your departure trek in our desert camp located in M’hamid. It is recommended, the day before departure for your hike in the desert, to sleep either in M’hamid or in the surroundings.
• You can also stay at the desert camp for an extra night on the day of your return trek.
How to reach M’hamid for the Morocco desert trek program?
Several solutions exist :
- By bus. Bus lines provide transport to M’hamid and this of the main cities: Ouarzazate, Marrakech …
- You can also opt for a shared / private taxi trip.
- We can arrange the transfer to the desert (private or in a group) by making you enjoy a visit of the beautiful Drâa Valley, typical villages, kasbahs, and the palm grove … if you are interested in this option, contact us for more information.